MLB The Show 23 is introducing a new game mode which celebrates historical figures in baseball and their stories of overcoming adversity. Season 1 will feature the Negro Leagues – an important part of baseball and American history, whose iconic figures are not nearly as well-known as other baseball players of the era. MLB The Show 23 plans to “use Storylines as a gateway to expose new generations of baseball fans to these historic figures and their stories of triumph over adversity.”
MLB The Show 23 Storylines Details
- Season 1 of Storylines will premiere with the Negro Leagues
- Thursday, February 9 will feature a deep dive into the new mode Storylines with special guest Negro Leagues Baseball Museum President Bob Kendrick. You can watch the episode on Twitch and YouTube.
- Focused on a particular player, users will experience an entertaining narrative journey through short informational videos, followed by gameplay reflecting important moments in that player’s career.
- MLB The Show 23 (Storylines Season 1) introduces eight Negro League Players and their stories, narrated by Bob Kendrick. Every new launch of MLB The Show represents a new Season which will introduce a new group of Negro League Legends and their stories to pay rightful tribute to these mostly unknown baseball superstars represents the inaugural season and next year’s game would be season 2.
- The Negro Leagues Season 1 roster for MLB The Show 23 includes: Leroy “Satchel” Paige, Jackie Robinson, Andrew “Rube” Foster, Hilton Smith, Hank Thompson, John Donaldson, Martin Dihigo, and John Jordan “Buck” O’Neil.
- San Diego Studio (the studio behind the MLB The Show series) will donate $1 to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum for every Digital Deluxe and Captain Edition of MLB The Show 23 sold in the U.S. through December 31st, 2023. The Negro League Baseball Museum is a national institution dedicated to preserving the rich history of black baseball and its impact on America!
Pre-orders for all versions of MLB The Show 23 are now available!