San Diego Studios’ own Stephen Hass and Kyle Blake sat down with MLB The Show 23 cover athlete, Jazz Chrisholm Jr., to discuss new features in Diamond Dynasty. Check out the full breakdown!
- MLB The Show 23 Controls Guide
- MLB The Show 23 Ultimate Hitting Guide
- MLB The Show 23 Full List of Quirks
Diamond Dynasty General Details
Diamond Dynasty gives you new ways to play, earn and develop your squad!1 With over 25 new MLB Legends, collect and build your team from a total of over 180 available in game.
Continue earning rewards after completing a featured program – spin the wheel whenever you complete a threshold to claim a reward. Use themed Captain Cards to designate a hitting and pitching captain for your DD squad and unlock powerful boosts.
Diamond Dynasty Seasons, Cards, & Squads
- Revamped how to build your dream team
- Can earn 99 card / players on Day 1 and every day after that
- Some modes throughout Diamond Dynasty, like Ranked and Conquest, will require Season Squads made up of In-Season cards
- In-Season cards consist of the sets released during the current and previous seasons, in addition to all Core Set cards which are always eligible
- The Core Set includes Live Series Players, Negro Leagues Storyline Rewards, Live Series Collection Rewards, and more
- Seasons run anywhere from 6-8 weeks
- In those Seasons, you’re going to be building specific squads with those players for those sets
- The goal is to keep things fresh
Diamond Dynasty Captains
- Captains get abilities that make those teammates more powerful
- Add Captain Series players to your Squad
- Assign their Captain Ability
- Build a squad based on Captain Tier requirements
- Receive attribute boosts for the Captain’s crew
- Changes how teams will be built